I seriously cannot believe I am the mother of a 2 month old! It truly feels like Ka'ihilei has been part of our family forever...I can't imagine life without her. She is the sweetest little girl and she brings so much joy to our home. I feel like she changes everyday and is growing so fast, TOO fast! It's hard to believe you can love someone so much. This morning when Kahili got home from work he just kept kissing her and saying, "Man, I could sit here and kiss her all day!" :)
At her 2 month check up yesterday she weighed 11.5 lbs and was 22 3/4 long. She got 3 shot vaccines and 1 oral vaccine and she was a champ! She took the oral one really well (the nurse said it tastes like kettle corn- lucky 'ihi!) and then I gave her the pacifier for the shots. Well, that didn't last long! She spit that sucker out right when she felt the first shot. She didn't cry too much though because right after I was able to pick her up and then I nursed her right after. Before we even left the office she was asleep like a little angel. When she woke up, she was a little fussy but I fed her and Kahili gave her some Tylenol and then she fell asleep again. She is such a good baby!
Here are a few things I wrote down throughout the month that are "new" (to us at least):
1. She drools a TON...just like Daddy! I Have to put a burp pad under her wherever I put her down to sleep because if I don't, she leaves a big drool stain behind.
2. She pulls my hair all the time and it hurts! When she's feeding she grabs for my hair and even when I'm just holding her. I hope she grows out of this habit or I'm not gonna have any more hair pretty soon.
3. She love, love, LOVES her pacifier! It calms her down almost instantly and it's also nice because if we are out and not able to feed her right away, her pacifier will keep her content until I am able to feed her.
4. She has officially found her voice! In the morning, she is such a happy little girl and I just lay her down on a blanket and we talk about what we are going to do that day. I love that time.
5. On September 27th she slept through the night, 7 hours straight! I was so excited I moved her to her crib in her own room. Unfortunately, she hasn't slept through the night again but, she does really well and still only wakes up once during the night.
6. She loves picture frames and dark/light contrast. We have a wall with picture frame and shadow boxes on it and she stares at that wall all day.
7. She still loves bath time! She is going to be a water baby!
8. Her eyelashes finally came in and they are beautiful, long, and dark!
9. She started smiling back at us around 7 weeks. Before she would smile but not in response to anything. Now she smiles all the time! The best is when I smile at her or give her kisses all over her face and she smiles back at me :)
10. She loves bouncing and the bouncer we have isn't good enough. I have resorted to using my big exercise ball. I hold her and we sit on it and bounce and it puts her right to sleep.
11. Not only does she love her pacifier, she intentionally brings her hand to her mouth to suck. If we don't give her the pacifier right away she definitely finds her hand and starts sucking away.
Well, that's all for now. I can't wait to see what she does next! Now get ready for a plethora of pictures and videos: