Background

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Exercise

I have been wanting to write these thoughts down for a while now and I finally found the chance to. This is mostly just for my own motivation and journal keeping but feel free to read.

It is crazy to think back to exactly a year from today. I was in really good shape and devoted at least 3 hours of each day to working out. I would not say that I was in the best shape of my life but I was in pretty good shape. When I got pregnant, I was told that I was 'supposed' to gain 25-35 pounds because my weight was normal. I blew WAYYY past that 35 lbs and gained 55 lbs total. I know, fatty. It was weird though because my stomach was not huge so I must have been putting the pounds on everywhere else. haha. I wasn't eating a ton more but I craved desserts like no other! Chocolate, candy, ice cream, you name it! I would eat a little bit of dinner and then HAVE to have dessert every night to be satisfied.

Fast forward to today. Thanks to exclusively breastfeeding (which I am very proud of btw), I have lost about 40 pounds. I am nowhere near what I want to be but I am getting there. I still have about 20 pounds to lose to get to the weight I want to be at. When 'Ihi was about 5 weeks old, I started playing on my city league volleyball team one night a week. This week, in honor of her two month milestone, I decided it was time to start exercising on a regular day to day basis. I started Insanity on Monday and I have struggled (to say the least)! I did it Monday and Tuesday but today I decided I would take a break because I was super sore and have volleyball games tomorrow and Friday. I am not going to actually follow the Insanity program. More or less, I am just going to try to get a good work out in at least 4 days a week.

Anyways, I just wanted to share that bit of information and hopefully by posting this, I will be able to stay motivated and held accountable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment