Sunday, April 7, 2013

February 2013

-Went for our 24 week appointment and 3rd ultrasound. Baby was much better behaved and they were able to get the measurements they needed. She measured 1 lb 10 oz and the heartbeat was 145.

-We had a nice Valentines day activity with Auntie Coco decorating sugar cookies.

-While we were in Hawaii, Kahili had applied for a job at the LAX Marriott for an AYS Supervisor position and the first week of February they called him and asked him to come for an interview! We didn't want to chance him flying standby cuz the flights were pretty full so we bought a ticket using miles. Then I realized the day they wanted him to interview on was Valentines Day so 'Ihi and I decided to fly in a few days before when the flights weren't as full so we could be with him. A few days after we booked his flight, Kahili was looking at jobs again and the Front Desk Supervisor position for the Torrance Marriott (the city where I was born and raised and where my family still lives) had been posted. Kahili applied and emailed the manager right away and explained that he would be in town that week if they could squeeze him in for an interview or even just a visit, he would appreciate it. The manager responded right away and set up an interview time for Thursday. Here's the short version of our trip to LA (the short version is long and for journaling purposes so skip ahead if you don't care to hear about the interviewing process): 'Ihi and I flew in on Tuesday and spent some time with family, Kahili flew in Wednesday and we had dinner with my family before we went and checked into the hotel (the LAX property had offered a room for 2 nights since Kahili was coming in from out of town to interview so we took advantage), Thursday was interview day for both properties and was also Valentines Day and ended up being the most stressful day of my life haha. We woke up and went to breakfast then just hung out since his interview there was scheduled for 12:30. 'Ihi went down for a nap and at noon Kahili started getting ready when he realized he had forgotten his dress shoes at my parents house. I drove like a maniac to the nearest shoe store and he ended up being 10 minutes late to his interview. I found out later that they never said anything about him being late and neither did he. I took 'Ihi swimming and Kahili came to the pool when he was done around 1:45. He said it went well and they would let him know if they could set up a 2nd interview before he left (his flight was Friday morning at 10:30). His interview in Torrance was at 3 and we could have taken up to 30 minutes to get there depending on traffic so we headed out right away but were stopped in the lobby and told they wanted to do the 2nd interview at 4pm. Kahili said yes right away and I casually mentioned that we were heading to Torrance for an appointment and didnt think we would be back in time. They just asked for Kahili to call and let them know if he was going to be late. He went in for his interview at the Torrance property and I swear it was the longest hour of my life. I called and pushed back his other interview to at least 4:30 but didnt know how long he really would be. I would later find out that he was interviewed by 3 different people in 2 hours, the 2nd interview was with the GM and when she found out that 'Ihi and I were waiting out in the car she had us come in to meet her. i got such a good vibe from the Torrance Marriott that I just didnt feel at the LAX one. Kahili missed his 2nd interview at LAX and had to call and apologize. They were understanding and set up a short interview for the morning right before his flight. Both hotels said they would contact him by the end of the next week because they still had interviews to do. I felt discouraged and I think he did too after a full day of interviews and no offers. Long story but the next day when Kahili got back to Utah, he was contacted by both hotels offering him a position. What a blessing! We had the choice between the two hotels and after weighing pros and cons of each, we chose the Torrance Marriott. It was a very stressful and emotional day for me because I had to get Kahili those shoes under a time crunch, entertain 'Ihi in weird environments, be an emotional support to Kahili, and I'm pregnant so every day is emotional :). Thanks to my sister Daylene watching 'Ihi for us, we were able to go out and have a nice dinner at Stacked (a cool burger place) for Valentines Day.
Walk with Gigi

Swimming with Auntie Day

Valentines Day morning

Waiting for Daddy to come out of his interview

Airport adventures

-'Ihi and I flew home from Cali the next Tuesday when the flights were empty again and immediately ad to start packing. Kahili had put in his 2 weeks notice at both his jobs in Utah on Saturday (the day after he got the job). On Wednesday we got a call from my dad letting us know that mom had been in a pretty serious car accident where the car flipped and was totaled but she was fine besides being sore and hurting her back. What a scary thing to happen and to think we were just there and could have been in that car... we are so thankful she was ok!
-The next couple weeks are kind of a blur and involve lots of packing and lots of goodbyes. I was able to go out with my girlfriends from the Huntington (our apartment complex) one last time before we moved. We went to Sub Zero ice cream and saw the movie Safe Haven. These women have been my sanity and emotional support as a first time mom. I was able to go to them to vent or if I ever had parenting questions or was just having a rough day. Their kids were some of 'Ihi's best friends. 
'Ihi and Kason

Girls Night Out!

'Ihi and Junie

Last play date with our Huntington friends

No comments:

Post a Comment